THINGS YOU NEED RIGHT NOW
1. Presence – The biggest thing a person can be for a person in crisis is present. You don’t really need words. People don’t have to say the “right” thing. They just need to be there. You need to know that you are supported and that people care.
2. Prayers – Prayers are so important. We want to know that God is in the middle of our crisis. We need wisdom from God and from the people he sends our way. We need to feel the strength that comes from God.
3. Encouraging Words – We need to know that it’s going to be alright and that we can make it through the crisis. The words of others don’t have to be perfect. It really doesn’t matter what people say, as long as they communicate that they care and that they are supportive.
4. Comfort – Crisis brings a lot of hurt. We have sustained damage and need the support of others through comforting words. Comforting words are breaths of fresh air when our crisis is strangling us.
5. Hope – We need reassurance that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t need to know the Big Picture, only that there is a Big Picture.
BLOGS ABOUT CRISIS
1.0 – The Crisis Hotlist
2.0 – How Do You Define Crisis?
3.0 – How Sexual Addiction is Like a Car Crash
4.0 – Five Things You Need From Others During Crisis
5.0 – Five ThiNgs You DON’T Need From Others During Crisis
6.0 – Where’s God During Crisis?
PODCASTS ABOUT CRISIS
Porn to Purity Podcast 014 – Jeff and Tom Daniels Talk About Crisis, Part 1
Porn to Purity Podcast 015 – Jeff and Tom Daniels Talk About Crisis, Part 2